Main content | back to top
Sustainable Development Grants
The Sustainable Development Grants programme empowers individuals and groups in promoting and initiating sustainable development projects in the country.
The Shell Malaysia Sustainable Development (SD) Grants scheme is open to Malaysian NGOs, and International NGOs with a Malaysian chapter, Community Based Organisations (CBO) and Academic Institutions based in Malaysia.
Projects must fall under one of the two following categories:
- Environmental Conservation – projects to conserve biodiversity, natural resources and ecosystems, including forests, wetlands, mangroves, coral reefs, peat swamps. These projects may be terrestrial, marine, estuarine, freshwater or aerial in nature.
- Sustainable Livelihood – projects for the development of the poor and/or community livelihood.
Note that the relevance of the project to the abovementioned objectives is crucial to the success of the application. Furthermore, the panel of judges will award points based on the following criteria: practicality, benefits, financial need, sustainability and originality.
How to apply
Applications must be accompanied on official organization / company letterhead, or with the following details:
- Telephone and fax numbers
- E-mail address
- If on behalf of an organisation, please indicate the type (eg: association, school, society, community group)
- A brief profile and include the following project details:
- A summary of the project (500 words), which must include:
c. Time frame
d. Outstanding characteristics (eg: benefits)
e. Long-term aim
f. Financial need
- Budget/financial details of the project (please indicate the part of the project on which the grant will be invested)
Finally, the following reference material is accepted with the application. Note that it is used for reference only and the judges will not award points on the basis of it.
- The full project proposal
- Testimonial or past project reports
- Visuals, photos or videos (if available)
Applications must be submitted in hard copy and sent to the following address:
Shell Malaysia Sustainable Development Grants – 2015 Cycle
Corporate Affairs Department
Shell Malaysia Limited
Level 36, Menara Shell
No 211 Jalan Tun Sambanthan
50470, Kuala Lumpur.
APPLICATION DATE: September 15th – October 17th 2014.
The judges’ decision is final and no appeals will be entertained. The winners will be required to enter into a binding MOU/agreement with Shell Malaysia.