Main content | back to top
Terms and Conditions for Shell Online Feedback
Below are the terms and conditions for Shell Online Feedback.
1. This contest is open to Malaysians and permanent residents of Malaysia,18 years old and above, except for the following category of persons who are NOT eligible (‘Eligible Participants’):
a. Permanent and/or contract employees of Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn. Bhd. (6087-M) (‘SMTSB’), Affiliates of SMTSB, and their immediate family members (spouses, children, parents, brothers and sisters).
b. Representatives, petrol station dealers, related service providers (including advertising agencies, promotion agencies, suppliers and event management agencies) of SMTSB, and/or Affiliates of SMTSB, their permanent and/or contract employees and their immediate family members (as defined above). For the purpose of this contest, “Affiliate” means a company which directly, or indirectly through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with SMTSB. Relevant to this, “control” means the direct or indirect ownership of an aggregate fifty percent or more of voting capital.
2. Internet access required.
How to enter
3. Participants must complete and submit the Feedback form at www.shell.com.my/feedback
4. The closing date for completing the Feedback form is 23.59 pm on the last day of the applicable calendar month.
5. Each properly completed Feedback form qualifies as a single entry into the prize draw.
6. All valid entries will be entered into the prize draw.
7. The Promoter does not accept any responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed due to technical problems. Proof of sending will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
8. No applications from agents, third parties, organized groups or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
The prize draw
9. The draw to shortlist eligible participants will be conducted by Shell and the shortlisted eligible participant will be selected based on a pre-determined system on the 5th of the following calendar month.
10. Shortlisted eligible participant for the relevant month will be notified via phone and will be required to answer one (1) Shell related question correctly in order to win. Should the first attempt to call the shortlisted eligible participant fails, i.e. no reply, telephone number not in service, no connection etc, another two (2) attempts will be made within the next four (4) hours. Where such further attempts are unsuccessful, SMTSB and/or its appointed agency reserve the right to select another eligible participant in place of the shortlisted eligible participant which could not be contacted and the same process will be repeated until a new monthly winner is determined. The full listing of winners will be made available at www.shell.com.my/feedback. All calls will be recorded for audit purposes.
REMINDER: SMS SCAM USING THE SHELL NAME
Shell Malaysia wishes to alert members of the public of the following scam:
- It has come to Shell’s attention that Short Messaging System (SMS) text messages are being circulated claiming that recipients have won prizes from Shell Malaysia.
- Please ignore such SMS as Shell Malaysia DOES NOT communicate to our contest winners via SMS.
- All winner announcements for Shell contests are advertised in the media and are uploaded to Shell Malaysia website www.shell.com.my Winners will also receive a phone call from Shell’s appointed agency. At which point, Shell’s agency will need to verify the winner’s name, NRIC and address for the prizes to be couriered to the Winners. Shell DOES NOT require any bank account number and other details.
If you have any queries, please go to www.shell.com.my/feedback to ensure that you are indeed a winner of this contest.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding in this matter.
11. There will be 6 (six) brand new iPad to be won in total of 6 (six) calendar month. Only 1 (one) new iPad to be won per calendar month.
12. In the event of unforeseen circumstances the Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
13. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any technical issues, system or software failures encountered on www.shell.com.my/feedback or during entry into the promotion. The Promoter tries to ensure the standard of the website remains high but cannot be held responsible for interruptions of service. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend temporarily the operation of the website without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any other reason beyond its control.
14. To the extent only permitted by applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to use the winner’s voice, image, photograph, name and likeness for publicity and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and in entering the promotion, all entrants consent to the same.
15. No cash alternative will be offered and the prize is non-transferable. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to hold the Promoter and its affiliates harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out of the award of, the use or misuse of any prize. Where the law implies warranties, which cannot be excluded, the Promoter’s liability for breach of those warranties is limited to resupplying the prize (or paying for the costs thereof), where this is permitted by law. The winner assumes all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused by participation in this promotion or use or redemption of any prize.
16. If proven to be technically incorrect or in the event of breach of security and also fraud, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel or suspend the promotion.
17. The Promoter's decision is final in every situation including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
18. In the event where there is any inconsistency, conflict, ambiguity or discrepancy between English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
19. By entering the promotion participants will be deemed to have accepted and be bound by the terms and conditions which will be interpreted in accordance with the Malaysian law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Malaysian courts.
20. The name and state of the winner will be made available on request to those sending a feedback to www.shell.com.my /feedback within 6 months of the prize draw.
21. By entering the promotion participants agree that their data may be used to contact the winner of the promotion and for publicity purposes as stated above and the winner’s name and county will be provided on request. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to the Promoter at the address set out below.
Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd
Bangunan Shell Malaysia
Changkat Semantan, Damansara Heights
50490, Kuala Lumpur