Shell Business Operations Kuala Lumpur
SBO KL enables the delivery of common business operations and services for Shell, at world-class operational excellence. Seven services currently operate out of SBO Kuala Lumpur
Finance Operations provides finance, accounting and business services to Shell operating companies across the Asia Pacific and Middle East regions. The finance processes include:
- Revenue: Master Data Maintenance, Processing Invoice and Billing Adjustments, Cash Application and Allocation, Monitoring of Debts, Account Reconciliation and Reporting, Intra-Group Transaction Processing
- Expenditure: Processing Invoices and Expense Claims, Payment Run Processing
- Record to Report
o Financial Reporting: Group and Local Reporting, Business Planning and Analysis
o Financial Accounting: Bank Reconciliation, End of Day (Cash Forecasting), Fixed Assets
o Hydrocarbon Management: Stock Recording, Reconciliation & Valuation, Accounts Payable, Contracts & Pricing, Customs & Excise, Chemical Stock Accounting
- Management Information: Management Internal Reporting, Variance Analysis, Decision Support, Budgeting & Planning
- Governance, Risk & Assurance (Controls Framework): Controls Migration, Controls Assurance, Governance & Compliance, Design & Deploy
HR Services delivers a full range of HR services to Shell employees across Asia Pacific and the Middle East:
- First point of contact for HR support and advice
- Enabling effective Self Service Capabilities
- Managing HR Data and Information
- Provision of HR Infrastructure
- Payroll Management
- Processing of HR Transactions
Downstream Customer Service Centre
The Downstream Business to Business (B2B) Customer Service Centre (CSC) is a single touch point contact centre covering customer service order to cash activities for B2B, Retail and Lubricants business across Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Hong Kong.
Contracting & Procurement
Contracts and Procurement (CP) helps ensure standardization in the efficient management of monetary resources. CP supports Shell operations and capital projects by guaranteeing timely delivery of goods and services, to the right specification.
Kuala Lumpur is a hub for some of Shell's Information Technology (IT) activities. Its service portfolio includes IT infrastructure services such as Desktop, Applications Hosting, Helpdesk and Telecommunications. Collectively, these services involve the support of more than 1,500 servers and 115,000 desktops across the group worldwide. It also provides business applications support and applications development.
Offer-to-Cash (OTC) is the umbrella organization for the Downstream customer-related processes, working with business partners for over 50,000 Global Commercial and 700,000 Shell Cards customers.
OTC’s objective is to provide the most competitive and innovative Offer-To-Cash experience, making it easier for our customers to do business with Shell. We strive to give a best-in-class customer experience along all the steps of the Offer-to-Cash process and to support strong growth in the Downstream business.
Communications Production Communications Production (CX) is also known as the Production Centre of Excellence (PCoE). It is an integral part of External Relations that delivers innovative and cost-effective solutions for a wide-range of communications needs, including: events, meetings and exhibitions; film, video and photography; design, digital media and reports; shell.com websites; translations; and effective presentations.