Shell Aviation is a leading global supplier of aviation fuels and lubricants with a heritage of over 100 years in the industry.
Who are we
An industry leader with a truly global reach
We produce aviation fuels and lubricants (across a range of grades); market, sell and distribute them as well as offer further related services to customers to help them operate as efficiently as possible.
Our customers are airports and airlines, big and small, plus private customers such as corporate jet operators and flying clubs.
What we do
Shell Aviation supplies fuel at approximately 800 airports in around 40 countries. On average, we refuel an aircraft every 12 seconds.
We have a portfolio of world-class brands and products and continue to invest in technical innovation. We have strong working relationships with OEMs, put customers at the heart of what we do and respond to industry opportunities and challenges. We also provide technical services for fuelling at the airport and have considerable experience in designing, building and managing fuelling operations globally.
Shell has been supplying aviation fuels for over one hundred years and has a strong heritage of innovation.
- In 1909, we supplied fuel for the first cross Channel flight between England and France.
- In 1919, we fuelled the first transatlantic flight.
- In 1976, we supplied fuel and lubricants for the British Airways Concorde aircraft on its first commercial flight from London to Bahrain.
- In 1989, Shell supplied fuel for the record breaking non-stop Qantas flight of a Boeing 747 from London to Australia.
- In October 2009, Qatar Airways flew the world’s first commercial passenger flight powered by fuel made from natural gas by Shell from London Gatwick to Doha.
- In 2013, we announced the development of a lead-free replacement for aviation gasoline, (Avgas 100 and 100LL) for use in piston-engine aircraft.
Shell Aviation has one of the world’s most extensive fuelling networks and a strong supply chain. Used worldwide, our comprehensive aviation lubricants range has firmly established a reputation for reliability and performance.
Safety is at the core of our business. From the receipt of incoming fuel, to safe into plane delivery, every stage is accounted through our stringent refuelling procedures. We also have an end-to-end fuels quality assurance system, from refinery to aircraft.
Dedicated teams of Shell Aviation account managers and technical support staff have the knowledge and operating experience to respond to our customers' needs.
More in Business Customers
Lubricants for businesses
Find out about the expert advice, support and case studies we provide through our lubricant-related services that are helping companies like yours every day.
Shell Fuel Card
With over 50 years experience, and with one of the largest station networks in the world, we look after the details to help your fleet perform better.
For over 90 years, Shell has been a leader in bitumen solutions and has developed a broad portfolio of product and service offerings customised to the needs of the road, roofing and airport sectors and some specialty applications.