Shell Malaysia COVID-19 response: #COVIDCareSummary | Updated, Apr 03, 2020 08:00
COVID-19 continues to affect us and Shell Malaysia is committed to doing its part for the well-being of our people and the communities where we operate. Where we can, we want to help our people and the country’s frontliners in the fight against this global pandemic.
Shell Malaysia’s priority is the safety and health of our people, customers, the communities we operate in and the continued safe operations of all our businesses. We remain committed in providing quality service to our customers.
We are in this together and we shall overcome this challenge.
Together, Malaysia boleh!
For our people
The safety and well-being of our employees, contractors and our site heroes is our priority.
1. For office-based employees :
- Effective 17 March 2020, all office-based staff are working from home (WFH) until further notice.
- All domestic air travel within Malaysia has been stopped, except for business-critical travel.
- A ‘Care for Employee’ workstream that leads initiatives to keep all employees engaged and energised during these challenging times.
- Virtual Employee Assistance Programme.
- Virtual counseling services.
2. For Shell Retail station staff:
- 17,500 care packs comprising face masks, sanitisers and food provisions are being distributed to our retail stations’ staff who are going strong in providing their services to our customers during the Movement Control Order (MCO).
3. For employees and contractors working offshore and onshore:
- Screening (e.g. temperature checks) and health declaration at pre-embarkation points.
- On site isolation rooms, additional PPE, and a standard protocol to handle employees who require them.
- A clear workflow on managing isolation, evacuation, disinfection, close contact tracing, support and care.
- Masks and sanitisers for employees and contractors who are required to work during MCO.
For our customers
Shell Malaysia stays committed to ensure minimal disruptions to our business and service delivery to our customers and partners. Retail stations and operations sites remain open and are not impacted by this development. We have robust business continuity plans in place to ensure the safety and sustainability of our business operations.
- Sanitisation: Disinfection of high-touch areas at our stations nationwide. High-touch areas are touchpoints located at fueling areas, Shell Select and facilities areas that are often exposed or used by customers. Every hour, these high-touch areas such as petrol pumps, fuel nozzles, pin pads, dispenser air balancers, door handles, pay windows, cashier area, tissue dispensers, switches, taps and sinks are disinfected.
- Food and Store Safety: Take-away only or delivery orders for Deli2gi, Select and 3rd party food brands during this time. Hourly sanitisation of all customers’ touchpoints including coffee machines touch screens, Deli2go countertops, pastry thongs and showcase handles.
- Restrooms Cleaning Frequency: Shell restrooms will be cleaned every hour with water and soap always made available.
- Social Distancing Markers at Stations – Social distancing markers will be placed in the stores and pay window area.
- Provision of 6,000 pieces of face masks to Shell Fleet Card customers and their drivers.
- Shell Lubricants Solutions: A 24/7 virtual assistance that comprises coaching and training for selected customers from relevant industries, who need our services during the MCO.
- For on-ground initiatives, click here to find out more
- For Shell Lubricants Solutions, find out more on how we can support the industry sectors.
For the community
Shell Malaysia is very appreciative of our brave healthcare and enforcement frontliners who are working tirelessly to contain the spread of COVID-19 and risking their lives to keep us safe. We salute you! We at Shell Malaysia are extending our help and contribution to these heroes through the following initiatives:
- Provision of essential items such as drinking water, face masks, goggles, coveralls, food and beverages to medical frontliners in six hospitals; Hospital Sungai Buloh, Hospital Kuala Lumpur, Hospital Bintulu, Hospital Miri, Hospital Queen Elizabeth in Kota Kinabalu and Hospital Labuan.
- Provision of food and beverages to medical frontliners in Hospital Raja Permaisuri Bainun in Ipoh
- Through our Shell stations located across the country, we are contributing essential items to local communities and frontliners. Part of the initiatives include supplying electricity for lamps and fans, temporary tents as well as contributing foods and drinks to local authorities.
- Provision of food and mineral water bottles to the enforcement frontliners, the police and army.
- Provision of 20,000 pieces of face masks to commercial truckers.
- Shell joined forces with BonusLink and launched an initiative to enable our customers to contribute to the Ministry of Health Malaysia (MOH) COVID-19 Fund. For every 100 BonusLink Points (equivalent to RM 1) donated to the COVID-19 Fund, Shell donated another RM 1 to support this cause. The donation received was used to purchase healthcare equipment, medical supplies, and other protective essentials. The Shell and BonusLink donation drive collected a total of RM196,794 for MOH’s COVID-19 Fund. Collectively, customers contributed RM38,397 worth of BonusLink Points, and Shell matched the donation with another RM38,397. As a token of appreciation, Shell contributed an additional RM120,000 to MOH’s COVID-19 Fund, on behalf of our 12,000 Shell retail stations staff.
- Shell and GoCar join forces to provide Malaysian healthcare frontliners free usage of 200 Nissan Almera cars located at 127 Shell stations across Peninsular Malaysia with RM30 Fuel e-Vouchers, from 8 – 28 April.
- Shell’s gas-to-liquids operations plant in Bintulu, Shell MDS contributed 100 pieces of disposable coveralls and about 8,220 pairs of shoe covers to the medical frontliners in Hospital Bintulu.
- During Ramadan, Shell helped SMEs by giving them an opportunity to sell their delicacies at Shell stations this Ramadan. This was to support local and small-time food vendors by providing them an avenue to market their goods during this difficult time.
- A total of 200 care packages comprising daily essentials like rice, cooking oil, sugar, canned sardines, tea and crackers were contributed to 200 underprivileged families in Miri and Kota Kinabalu.
- Shell contributed items comprising hand sanitisers, sanitising wipes, infrared thermometers and printouts on proper health practices to about 13,000 school students and teachers across Miri, Kota Kinabalu and Labuan.
- For more information on initiatives for the community, you may read more here.
We will continue to provide more updates here on our efforts as the situation develops.
TO #HEROKAMI, THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR COUNTRY RUNNING!
Title: TO #HEROKAMI, THANK YOU FOR KEEPING OUR COUNTRY RUNNING!
Duration: 36 seconds
Appreciation and safety tips video for truck drivers during Covid19 period
Terima Kasih #HEROKAMI Transcript
[Background music plays]
Slow Shell of Sound music playing
Shell Malaysia menyumbang 20,000 keping topeng muka kepada pemandu lori
Shell Malaysia distributed 20,000 face mask to truckers
Truck driving through a highway
Kami mengucapkan ribuan terima kasih kepada #HeroKami
We express our deepest gratitude to #OurHeroes
A truck driver sitting inside his truck, it’s dark and raining outside
Yang tetap bertungkus lumus untuk menghantar keperluan harian
That work tirelessly to deliver our daily necessities
Truck going through a bridge
Di saat kami tidak dapat keluar rumah.
At a time when we need to be confined to our homes.
Truck going through a busy road
Truck drivers hanging out & shaking hands
Buat masa sekarang hindari daripada bersalaman dan bersentuhan
During this period please avoid handshakes and touching
Truck driver dropping goods in a traditional market
Cuci tangan setelah selesai berurusan
Wash hands after every transaction
Truck going through rain
Jika batuk, demam dan sesak nafas, dapatkan bantuan perubatan segera
If you are coughing, have a fever and difficulty breathing immediately seek help from the nearest medical facility.
Pictures inside truck dashboard
Kerana kami bergantung kepada anda.
Because you are our hope.
Truck driver driving with window down
Kesihatan anda, keutamaan kami
Stay healthy, stay safe
Arnold Teo, Senior Operations Manager of Shell MDS handing over the coveralls and shoe covers to Dr Sivashunmugam Sangaran, Deputy Clinical Director at Hospital Bintulu.
Essential items for the police force
Essential items for medical frontliners
Essential items for site heroes.
Hourly disinfection of high-touch areas at stations
Providing support to the frontliners who are combating COVID-19.
Find out more about the initiatives at Shell stations in response to COVID-19. Your safety is our top priority.