Power Up Rewards Programme Terms and Conditions
To simplify this document for you, the following definitions will apply:
(“Programme”) – Power Up Rewards Programme
(“Shell”) - by Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn. Bhd. (Company no. 196501000279 (6087-M)), Shell Timur Sdn. Bhd. (Company no. 198401000783 (113304-H)), owner, co-owner, operator, co-operator of the Power Up Rewards Programme
(“BonusLink”) - BonusKad Loyalty Sdn. Bhd. (Company no. 199701022703 (438200-T)), owner, co-owner, operator, co-operator of the Power Up Rewards Programme
(“Power Up Rewards Programme”) - the loyalty and rewards programme owned, operated and administered by Shell and BonusLink which now comes with the revamped features and benefits of tiered membership
(“Member”), (“Membership”) - the loyalty membership that you obtain when you join the Power Up Rewards Programme
(“Standard Points”) – loyalty and/or reward points that you earn under the Power Up Rewards Programme
(“Qualifying Period”) – the membership reset cycle that happens every two (2) months within the Power Up Rewards Programm
(“Qualifying Factors”) - Standard points collection required for each tier during each cycle of two (2) months
(“BLINK App”) - BonusLink App
(“collectively, Shell Fuels”) - Shell FuelSave 95, Shell V-Power 97, and/or Shell V- Power Racing
(“collectively, Shell Lubricants”) - Shell Helix Motor oil and/or Shell Advance Motorcycle oil
1. The ‘Power Up Rewards Programme’ (“Programme”) will commence from 12:00AM on Friday, 1 July 2022 , date and time inclusive (“Programme Period”).
2. This Programme is jointly organised by Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn. Bhd. (Company no. 196501000279 (6087-M)), Shell Timur Sdn. Bhd. (Company no.198401000783 (113304-H)) (“Shell”), and BonusKad Loyalty Sdn. Bhd. (Company no. 199701022703 (438200-T)) (“BonusLink”). The Programme is open to all Malaysians including Members of BonusLink who are residing in Malaysia and are above eighteen (18) years of age. (“Eligible Participants”).
3. BonusLink and Shell reserve the right to disqualify any person that it knows is, or has reasonable grounds to believe is, ineligible for this Programme as a result of the terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) herein.
4. For details on Membership sign up, visit: https://www.shell.com.my/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/poweruprewards.html
5. To participate in this Programme, Eligible Participants must fulfill the following requirements (collectively, referred to as the “Pre-requisites”):
(a) The Eligible Participant is required to be a new BonusLink Member or an existing BonusLink Member.
(b) Swipe a valid physical BonusLink Card or scan a valid BonusLink Virtual Card via the BonusLink App (“BLINK”) prior to making payment at the cashier and/or payment terminal at any Shell station nationwide (“Shell Stations”); and
(c) Purchase any of Shell Fuels, Shell FuelSave 95, Shell V-Power 97, and/or Shell V-Power Racing (collectively, “Shell Fuels”), Shell Helix Motor oil and/or Shell Advance Motorcycle oil (collectively, “Shell Lubricants”) at Shell Stations during the Programme Period; and
(d) Purchase any of Shell SELECT items except for epay services, Touch & Go, colocators and tobacco at Shell Stations during the Programme Period in which these items do not qualify for earning of BonusLink Points.
6. Standard Points eligible for Tiers progression are earned through any purchase of Shell Fuels and/or any purchase at Shell Stations including Shell Lubricants.
7. Under the Programme, Member will earn one (1) Standard Point for every one (1) litre of Shell Fuels purchased, and/or for every one (1) Ringgit Malaysia purchased in Shell Stations (including Shell Lubricants at these participating stations on (link)). This is in accordance with the BonusLink Points structure as detailed on www.shell.com.my/BonusLink (“Standard Points”).
8. Power Up Rewards Programme Tiers (“Tiers”) and Standard Points collection required for each Tier during each Qualifying Period (“Qualifying Factors”) as follows:
|Membership Tiers||Standard Points collection required for each Tier during each Qualifying Period (2 months)|
|Member||0 – 200 Standard Points|
|Silver||201- 600 Standard Points|
|Gold||601- 900 Standard Points|
|Platinum||901 Standard Points and above|
(a) Example: Member who earns two hundred one (201) Standard Points within the Qualifying Period will be automatically upgraded from Member Tier to Silver Tier.
9. For the avoidance of doubt, once the Member accumulates Standard Points within the Qualifying Factors, the Tiers reward will be instantly credited into Member’s BLINK App.
10. To be eligible for Power Up Rewards Programme’ rewards, Member must accumulate a certain number of Standard Points in accordance to the Qualifying Factors under Paragraph 8 above within the Qualifying Period.
11. For the avoidance of doubt, Standard Points for Tiers progression would not be earned through the following:
(a)Additional Points from reward multipliers; and/or
(b) Additional Bonus Points accumulated via other campaigns or promotions
12. Under the Programme, Member is allowed to collect up to a total of two thousand (2,000) Bonus Points per Qualifying Period from any rewards with a multiplier on any Qualifying Products at Shell Stations.
13. To progress to the next Tier of Membership, Member must meet all Qualifying Factors for each Membership Tier. Any progression or demotion from any Tier for the next Qualifying Period is based on the current Qualifying Period’s Standard Points collection in reference to the Qualifying Factors.
(a) Progression example: Member who earns two hundred one (201) Standard Points within the Qualifying Period will be automatically upgraded from Member Tier to Silver Tier.
(b) Demotion example: Gold Member who earns five hundred (500) Standard Points (below Qualifying Factor) within the Qualifying Period will be automatically demoted from Gold Tier to Silver Tier in the next Qualifying Period.
14. Membership Tier progression and demotion will be reflected in the BLINK App by the first day of the subsequent month.
15. Power Up Rewards Programme Reward structure is as follows:
|Any 1L spent on Shell Fuels at Shell Stations||3X Standard Points||2X Standard Points||1X Standard Points||1X Standard Points|
|Exclusive deli2go Reward*||4x RM1 chocolate roll||2x RM1 chocolate roll||1x RM1 chocolate roll||Not applicable|
Shell Lubricants Purchase HX7/ Ultra/ AX7
(First Transaction of the Qualifying Period only)
3X Points on purchase
2X Points on purchase
1.5X Points on purchase
|Shell SELECT Bonus Any purchase at Shell Stations including Shell Lubricants (First Transaction of the Qualifying Period only)||3X Points on RM10 minimum spend Example: RM10 = 10 Standard Points + 20 Bonus Points||2X Points on RM10 minimum spend Example: RM10 = 10 Standard Points + 10 Bonus Points||1.5X Points on RM10 minimum spend Example: RM10 = 10 Standard Points + 5 Bonus Points||Not applicable|
|Bimonthly Surprise Reward*||✔||✔||✔||Not applicable|
|Exclusive Costa Coffee Upsize*||4x FREE Upsize (From Regular to Large size) Applicable to hot drinks only||2x FREE Upsize (From Regular to Large size) Applicable to hot drinks only||1x FREE Upsize (From Regular to Large size) Applicable to hot drinks only||Not applicable|
|Birthday Treats||✔||✔||✔||Not applicable|
|Welcome To Shell* Reward||6x Water2Go 600ml||4x Water2Go 600ml||Not applicable||Not applicable|
|“*” refers to voucher-based rewards|
16. Surprise bi-monthly rewards, redemption rebate, Bonus Standard Points, mission-based rewards, and birthday treats are subject to Shell and BonusLink’s discretion.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, once the Member accumulates Standard Points within the Qualifying Factors, the Tiers reward will be instantly credited onto Member’s BLINK App
18. For the avoidance of doubt, Member rewards are only valid within the Qualifying Period and voucher-based rewards are only redeemable via the BLINK App.
19. In the event that the final amount of Standard Point awarded to Eligible Participants is a fraction of one (1) BonusLink Point, the number of Standard Points earned by the Eligible Participant will be rounded down to the nearest whole number, and this whole number will be used to calculate the final Standard Points awarded. For example:
(a)A Member who purchases thirty (30) litres of Shell FuelSave 95 will enjoy a total of sixty (60) BonusLink Points (i.e. 30 Base Points + 30 Bonus Points = 60 BonusLink Points), equivalent to two times (2X) Base Points.
(b) A Member who purchases thirty (30) litres of Shell V-Power Racing will enjoy a total of one hundred and forty-eight (148) BonusLink Points (i.e. 37 Base Points + 111 Bonus Points = 148 BonusLink Points), equivalent to four times (4X) Base Points. In this example, the Base Points are rounded down to thirty seven (37), and this number is used to calculate the Bonus Points.
20. Physical card Members will not be able to enjoy non-voucher-based rewards.
21. Physical card Members will need to download and register on the BLINK App to enjoy the voucher-based rewards. Vouchers-based rewards that are being issued for the current Qualifying Period cannot be brought forward to the next Qualifying Period. Members will need to claim voucher-based reward within each Qualifying Period. Voucher-based rewards will expire on the last day of each Qualifying Period. Example: 30 June 2022. For the avoidance of doubt, the terms and conditions for the usage of voucher-based rewards will be stipulated under “My Wallet” in BLINK App.
22. For the avoidance of doubt, any Member who is not registered via the BLINK App will not be eligible to any voucher-based rewards under the Power Up Rewards Programme.
23. The total Standard Points collected is valid until the end of each Qualifying Period. At 12:00AM on the first day of the subsequent month, the Tiers and Membership rewards will be refreshed automatically for all Eligible Participants and will be reset based on the Qualifying Factors.
24. For the avoidance of doubt, the reset of the total Standard Points collected at the end of each Qualifying Period will not affect the amount of total Points collected by the Eligible Participant beyond Qualifying Period. Any Points redeemed will be deducted from the total Points balance in Member’s BonusLink Account. However, Points redeemed will not impact Membership Tier movement.
25. Current Bonus Points structure below prior to this Power Up Rewards Programme will no longer be eligible starting from 1 July 2022.125 – 250 litres/month
|125 – 250 litres/month||25 Bonus Points|
|251 – 500 litres/month||75 Bonus Points|
|500 litres/month||150 Bonus Points|
26. By participating in this Programme, the Eligible Participant expressly agrees and consents to:
(a)be bound by the Terms and Conditions herein, including the decisions of Shell and its partners, including but not limited to BonusLink, concerning this Programme; and
RIGHTS OF SHELL AND BONUSLINK
27. All of Shell’s and BonusLink’s decision on all matters including but not limited to the eligibility of the participants, mechanics and/or rewards for this Programme or in the event of any dispute shall be final and binding and no correspondence or appeals shall be entertained.
28. Shell and BonusLink reserve the right to cancel, terminate or suspend this Programme with or without any prior notice. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Shell or BonusLink of this Programme shall not entitle any party to any claim or compensation against Shell and/or BonusLink for any and all losses or damage suffered or incurred by any party as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
29. In no event will Shell and/or BonusLink be liable for any loss or damages including without limitations, loss of income, profits or goodwill, direct or indirect, incidental, consequential, exemplary, punitive and/or special damages of any party including third parties howsoever arising whether in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise, in connection with this Programme, even if Shell and BonusLink have been advised of the possibility of such damages in advance, and all such damages are expressly excluded.
30. Shell and BonusLink reserve the right at its absolute discretion to jointly amend, delete, or add to any of these Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice.
31. These Terms and Conditions, as the same may be amended from time to time, shall prevail over any provisions or representations contained in any other promotional materials or advertisements in relation to this Programme.
32. In the event where there is any inconsistency(ies), conflict(s), ambiguity(ies) or discrepancy(ies) between English and Bahasa Malaysia versions of these Terms and Conditions, the English version of these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
For more information on this Programme, visit
https://www.shell.com.my/motorists/loyalty-and-payment/poweruprewards.html or www.bonuslink.com.my or contact Shell’s Customer Service Hotline Centre at 1300