What is DYNAFLEX technology?
- The development of our new range of Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology is the culmination of a multi-year research and development program which involved extensive testing in over 3 million km and more than 250 cars.1
- All DYNAFLEX formulations are complex blends that are specially designed to help maintain engine efficiency similar as to how the vehicle manufacturers’ have designed modern engines to be more efficient. DYNAFLEX technology works by being enriched with powerful cleaning agents to help maintain the cleanliness of key fuel system components and protect them from performance robbing deposits.2
- Our Shell petrol fuels with DYNAFLEX technology contain our new friction reducing molecules3 which helps reduce friction at the piston assembly, found in the heart of engines.
- Our Shell V-Power fuels are also designed to clean and protect your engine, giving you our best for your car.4
- Our FuelSave Diesel fuels contain powerful new and improved dirt-busting molecules for better protection against dirt build-up.7
Our Challenge – Deposits in fuel systems
In creating our new DYNAFLEX technology, we drew on over 100 years of experience in fuels research and development, including insights into the demands of both older and modern engines. Modern engines are becoming smaller (i.e. downsizing) and more efficient. As a result, fuels are potentially exposed to tougher conditions (i.e. potentially higher temperatures and pressures). Over time, this can lead to the formation of deposits and dirt on key fuel system components, such as intake valves and fuel injectors that can reduce engine efficiency.