Price risk management
Fluctuating global fuel prices can create disruptions and uncertainty for your business, making it challenging to predict the cost of fuel even a month ahead. Introducing effective price risk management aligned to your needs can therefore make a significant impact to your financial stability today and tomorrow.
With our market-leading position in the energy industry, we provide competitive contracts with price stability to help you manage your fuel price risk and protect your business.
Your partner of choice
Shell operates in more than 100 countries, allowing us to track prices and trade oil-related products across most of the world’s key energy markets.
Our trading experts can help you manage your fuel price exposure – from understanding your business needs and providing suitable hedging programmes, to enabling financial stability and fixed future revenues.
Our price risk management contracts – how you can benefit
- Better margin and budget protection
- More effective cost management, easier cash flow planning
- Providing a safety net against price fluctuations
- Ultimately, a competitive edge through price stability
Your options at a glance
We offer price mechanisms to suit your business needs:
- Fixed Price Physical Contract - A fixed price agreement for the supply of agreed volumes of fuel over a contracted time period.
- Financial Derivatives - Customised contracts with price based on an agreed-upon underlying financial asset.
- Formula Price - A floating price within an agreed formula based price for agreed volume over a contracted time period.
Serving your sector
Make fuel work for your bottom line with our products and services developed to help you reduce total cost of ownership.
Dedicated expertise and tailored solutions enable higher equipment utilisation and site productivity.
Increase your competitiveness and future readiness with bespoke solutions and support from our fuel experts.
Energy for today and tomorrow
Cut operating costs with our most advanced, dual-detergent formulation for heavy-duty engines. Compared to regular diesel, our DYNAFLEX Technology works to clean up the injectors from carbon deposits and prevent further build-up.
Shell GTL (gas-to-liquid) Fuel is a cleaner-burning synthetic diesel alternative that can help reduce local emissions and improve local air quality.
Reliable fuel quality and advice on staff and operations safety, building on our health and safety standards.
Optimise your fuel usage with best-practice advice and solutions for fuel storage and handling.
Fully automate your stock management with our intelligent system for easy ordering and usage forecasting.