The difference of extra with Shell
Mar 05, 2021
“Ekstra Kilometer, Ternyata Berbeza”’ spotlights Shell FuelSave 95: Partnering Malaysians and their vehicles to get extra out of everyday journeys
KUALA LUMPUR - Shell Malaysia today unveiled their latest brand campaign; “Shell FuelSave 95 Ekstra Kilometer, Ternyata Berbeza”, a refreshed look at its Shell FuelSave 95 proposition. The campaign is anchored on Shell FuelSave 95’s robust capabilities: delivering extra kilometers and partnering customers to make the most out of their everyday journeys.
For close to 130 years in Malaysia, Shell has been a leader in developing high quality fuels and investing in the best people and science to drive fuel innovation. With its aspiration of instant fuel economy from the very first drop*, Shell FuelSave 95 has a long and proud lineage as the firm foundation for Shell’s innovation.
Designed with DYNAFLEX technology, Shell FuelSave 95 gives extra kilometers by delivering*:
- Extra Savings, Instantly (Ekstra Penjimatan) - Shell FuelSave 95 reduces friction by up to 90% in critical engine parts to maximize fuel economy.
- Extra Clean (Ekstra Bersih) - Shell FuelSave 95 prevents 95% of deposit formation for a cleaner engine.
- Extra Protection (Ekstra Perlindungan) - Shell FuelSave 95 protects engines from wear, corrosion, and deposit build-up with its ‘Triple Action’ formula.
These key benefits align closely with the findings from a consumer study which revealed that Malaysians chose “better mileage” and “cost-savings” as their top considerations for a quality maingrade fuel. Taking a leaf from the study, Shell Malaysia embarked on the refreshed brand campaign to give Malaysians what they asked for in top quality maingrade fuels: extra kilometers without extra cost.
“We place customers at the heart of everything we do; all our fuels are developed with their needs in mind. With the current COVID-19 pandemic affecting many Malaysian households financially, we resonate strongly with our customers and understand that a little extra goes a long way. Shell FuelSave 95 aspires to deliver instant fuel economy from the very first drop* and is the smart choice for customers. But don’t take my word for it, try it today and experience for yourself the difference of Extra!” said Shairan Huzani Husain, Managing Director of Shell Malaysia Trading Sdn Bhd and Shell Timur Sdn. Bhd.
To initiate the launch of “Shell FuelSave 95 Ekstra Kilometer, Ternyata Berbeza” Shell treated Malaysians to a campaign teaser video showcasing not all fuels are created the same, while highlighting Shell’s promise of Extra.
Malaysians can look forward to more engaging content in this campaign, including a heartwarming TVC that follows the story of a loving dad who takes care of his baby, with the help of Shell FuelSave 95.
To make this journey extra rewarding, Shell Malaysia partnered with BonusLink to give customers up to 4X Points whenever they spend a minimum of RM50 to refuel at Shell.
For more information, please visit: www.shell.com.my.
1. Up to 1.85% fuel economy benefits (mileage) compared to an additivated fuel according to industry standard and Shell proprietary tests. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees or warranties provided. Refer to 2 below.
2. According to industry standard and Shell proprietary tests. Helps to protect key fuel system components such as intake valves and/or fuel injectors from the build-up of performance robbing deposits. Friction reducing molecules help critical parts of your engine, in particular the upper piston ring area. Actual effects and benefits may vary according to vehicle type, vehicle condition and driving style. No guarantees provided.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Shell Malaysia External Relations
Edelman Public Relations Worldwide
Shell is a global leader in power, energy, and gas technology and is working to meet increasing energy demand and supply challenges by delivering smarter products and cleaner energy, infrastructure, and by developing new energy sources while addressing the impact on the environment. Malaysia is one of Shell’s heartlands. The history of Royal Dutch Shell in Malaysia started about 131 years ago. Shell currently has a strong market presence in the upstream, gas-to-liquids, downstream and business operations sectors in Malaysia.